Saturday, April 16, 2011

Meditation (Random Impulse)

When I'm irritated with the usual going-ons of life, or I want to set a feel-good tone for the day, I'll usually try to think of something that makes me happy.  These are some of the general objects on which I focus:


I'll think of the wind blowing against a flower,




Or gorgeous animals,




Or soaking up the serenity of a beach at the edge of its dock, by myself or with someone I enjoy,



And sometimes I just thing about the sun; the very reason everyone still breathes and thrives.

If I'm in my room, I'll open up a window to think about these things.  If I have the time to take a walk outside, i'll do it so I can have the opportunity to experience most of these visuals directly.  Taking a few minutes out of the day for this exercise is such a gift after a life full of demands.



Try it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment