Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rebeccah Jacks' Saturday, April 9th "Random Response"(Classmate Response)

http://rjacks1.blogspot.com/2011/04/random-response.html


I love how the first scene starts with the chaotic storm, just as chaos was going on inside of the house.  I also like how the segue into what's happening inside the house happens via the Darklings looking through the window.  If these demons are good, than why are they demons?  I thought all demons were evil, because demon comes from demonic, as in "from the devil" or "satanic."  Actually, if you look up "define demonic" on Google, it gives "Fiercely energetic or frenzied" as one of the definitions.  Are they demonic because they fit that description?  I'm curious as to how these creatures became the way that they are...was a curse put on them? Maybe that's explained in the later chapters.  Also (and this may also be in the later chapters), I was trying to picture what the Darklings look like. If they can transform into animals, that must mean that they aren't always in animal form, so I guess they're in human form most of the time?  They also seem very animal-like in the first scene, like when they are running rampant in the thunder-storm.  I'm picturing the Darklings to be cavemen-looking people.  I also asked myself if this "world that is not much different than our own" is literally like another planet, like in Avatar, or is it just a place on Earth that is separated from all the "normal" humans?  I think the creatures you created sound very unique and intersting, and I'd love to hear more about them.  Great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment